The Duke Asthma, Allergy, and Airway Center will
1. Provide state-of-the art clinical care for patients with asthma, allergic diseases and airway disease
2. Provide education for patients and families in the treatment of airway diseases and allergy in patients of all ages, including:
- Allergic diseases of the lung, nose, gut, and skin
- Immunodeficiency syndromes
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Sleep Disorders
3. Conduct clinical and translational research studies evaluating new therapies, contributing factors, and the science of airway disease. The goal of this research is to improve the health of patients.
4. Participate in training new specialists in Allergy, Pulmonary Medicine and Sleep Medicine for both pediatric and adult care.